Watch your energy soar with this simple 3-step formula…
Through a series of unexpected events (including my life falling to pieces), I stumbled upon the magic of an S-Word Detox.
In this video:
- To learn what an S-Word Detox is all about, start the video from the beginning
- For the 3 steps for an S-Word Detox, start the video at 4:44
Before you click to watch, a heads up: I’m a little awkward on camera because even though I’ve been divorced from the kids’ father for more than 12 years, it was the first time I started talking about it publicly. I thought it would be helpful if I wrote it all out before I started talking which makes for a slightly stiff beginning, and then, of course, I almost started to cry, but I’d like to strongly encourage you to try out an S-word Detox. You just might save yourself a lot of unnecessary and energy-zapping stress.
Our shoulds are not always serving our greatest good. When we consistently should all over our lives without taking the time to notice if the shoulds are bringing us towards our highest priorities, we can inadvertently zap our energy and find ourselves exhausted and living like we are existing on a giant treadmill.
What’s the solution? ….. An S-Word Detox
Here’s how to do an S-Word Detox
- Try eliminating the word SHOULD from your vocabulary for a week.
- If you notice yourself reflexively shoulding, ask yourself if it is leading you to something that is fueling and nurturing for you or not. With that information, make a conscious decision how you want to proceed.
- If you notice that your shoulding is consistently non-fueling, aim to use the should as a clue to find the invisible rule you have about that situation. When we bring our invisible rules into the light, we have the opportunity to decide whether or not it’s a rule we want to keep.
For more fast, energy-boosting techniques, sign up for one of our free series: