Want to learn how to make a delicious homemade chipotle-style burrito bowl? You’ve come to the right place!
Antonios loves Chipotle, so, I set out to dazzle him by creating a homemade version that I could delight him with. (yes, I can be like a teenager in love the way I crush on Antonios, but that works out for all of us because it fuels some of my kitchen trials and makes for some yummy recipes)
The result: he loves it! Hopefully you will to. Here’s the recipe…
- 1/4 cup of rice cooked in water
- 1/4 pound of fresh-from-the-farm grass fed beef. (If you don’t have any farms near you, you may want to check out Alderspring Ranch, they ship)
- 1/2 avocado (organic if possible)
- 1/4 lemon
- Cilantro or parsley to taste
- 1 scallion (diced, which means chopped into very small pieces)
- Seasoning (paprika, cayenne, sea salt) to taste
- A few dashes of Melinda’s original habanero hot sauce
- Start with the rice. If you have a rice cooker, it makes it even easier. You get the rice started, and if everything works out, your rice is ready when everything else is.
- Start the meat. Cook on medium heat until it’s ready, then take it off the burner so it doesn’t continue to cook. Add in seasoning and then let it sit for at least 5 minutes (ok to sit 7-10) to absorb the juices.
- Mash the avocado then combine it with the lemon, cilantro or parsley, scallion, and Melinda’s habanero hot sauce
- Mix everything together in a bowl and enjoy!
The beef bowl also tastes good with a 1/2 cup of steamed spinach mixed in.